Wednesday 8 April 2015

Art Movie Reflection

Ryan Young - Art Movie - Digital Video

Technical

I learned how to use Premier, I have never used this program before so everything was new to me. Not just that but I also don't have a lot of experience editing movies and clips so the whole experience was also new to me.


IDEA OR CONCEPT

I used a lot of my "favourite" clips that I mentioned in my brainstorming. I used the people flying and exploding, the man walking out if the train station with "swagger" as well as the people fighting on the stairs. I also used the man looking suspiciously at Steve, the knob being turned and also the abandoned swing set. I used most of what I had intended to utilize in my brainstorming.


INFLUENCES

One of my largest influences in this project was Quentin Tarantino. He is one of my favourite directors and he does a lot of films that can be considered art. He uses a lot of mystery to wonder what is happening in the film and doesn't reveal it until the end and even then he still leaves A LOT of room open for interpretation leading to many crazy fan theories about his movies.


COMPOSITION

I used a lot of emphasis in the fact that you don't know if the man is the person who blew the thing up or if he saved the plant. As well as the use of destruction and preserved scenes that showed no matter what condition something is in, it will not last forever in the future.


MOTIVATION

My personal motivation was to make a movie that gave myself (the director) chills even though I created it. I wanted to add a level of suspense and horror as well as the mystery of wonder to make a film that feels like a teaser trailer whilst it is the full film. You have an idea what is going on but you aren't 100% sure about it and guess what is going on as well as trying to figure out what everything meshed together truly means. And in honesty, I can't tell you. Its a different idea every time I watch it.


CRITICAL ASSESSMENT 

I think the biggest success was the use and timing of the music that I used. It gave off the sabotage aura that I was aiming for and gave the suspenseful mystery that makes it both epic as well as interesting to watch and listen to.

I was surprised at how well the three clips could mesh together to form a hidden conspiracy in connection with one another.

If I had more time I probably would have tried to fix a couple of the timing issues with the music as well as the clips themselves. Some of them were too fast and could have been slowed down but also needed to fit in and allotted time slot. So I would have made some tedious improvements that could have made the puzzle fit a bit better. I also would have tried to fix the sound at the end since it sounds chopped up and not very professionally done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment