Thursday 30 April 2015

Video Game Reflection

Ryan Young - Game of Drones - Digital

Technical

I have not made a game before and it was new to use this new program. Other than that though I used photoshop to create images and I have used this program before.


Idea/Concept

I eventually used the idea of government corruption in my game. No matter what happens, you lose in the game. Just like you cannot win in life because of corruption to the world, there is no winning in the game.


Influence

I was influenced by no one really. Somewhat by John Oliver and his insight to politics. He is not the traditional "artist" but he is a comedian and that is a different medium.


Composition


Motivation

My motivation was to expose the tyranny of the governing forces and show that even if you can avoid the clutches against the machine you are still unable to beat them in their ultimate goals.


Critical Assessment

I think the Obama knockoff is a clever thing because he looks directly at the playing as if to say that "big brother" is watching and you are unable to hide.
If i had more time I would try to fix the hit boxes and make the thing run smoother as well as position the claws better.

No comments:

Post a Comment